Feng Shui Secrets to Attract Love & Prosperity in Your Home
Feng Shui is the ancient art of divination that uses the laws of both Heaven and Earth to help improve one’s life, by receiving positive energy. It’s all about creating harmonious surroundings that enhance the balance of yin and yang (good and bad).
Charity Curley Mathews, a blogger for HGTV, has come out with a great article about this subject entitled “19 Feng Shui Secrets to Attract Love and Money”, and I would like to share my top 10 picks on how this ancient art can attract love and prosperity into your home!
1. Make Your Front Door Inviting (to Attract Money). If it’s hard to find your front door or it’s confusing as to how to get in, it’ll be hard for opportunity to make its way into your life as well. Put in an archway or gate to denote the front door if you need to, and make sure the doorbell works. The welcome mat should be bright and fresh. Sweep the steps and sidewalk in front, and add a potted plant to the entryway.
2. Add Plants and Water (To Attract Money). To bring in more prosperity, it’s important to create a vibrant, healthy, inspiring and clutter-free home. Clutter jams up good energy and leads to procrastination. Bring in vibrant life forces such as plants and flowers, and don’t forget to have fresh air circulating. Fountains are important wealth adjustments in feng shui because they stimulate prosperity and energy, and symbolize money.
3. Add Doubles to Every Room (To Attract Love). If you want to start a relationship, don’t surround yourself with single imagery. Avoid a single chair in the corner, solitary images in artwork and solo photographs. It’s important to create the energy of partnership around you, otherwise you are continually enforcing singularity. Add a second chair to a sitting area, double up on nightstands and surround yourself with pairs of everything.
4. Put Furniture Legs on Rugs (To Attract Love). Never put all your furniture against the walls. Furniture should be arranged to support communication, so forget where the walls are. Put at least the front legs of all furniture on the rug — not just around it — and people will sit there and talk.
5. Don’t Use Water Symbols (To Attract Money). Drippy faucets are a sign of money going to waste. Whatever the state of your water, your finances mirror those. To increase your bank account, repair broken fountains and remove all stagnant water from your property. Ever heard the expression, ‘I just can’t get my head above water’? It’s best not to display water-based artwork or mirrors higher than your nose, which carries the same significance in feng shui. For most of us, that means no mirrors or water scenes above the bed.
6. Create a Cozy Master Bedroom (To Attract Love). Oversized master bedrooms need to be cozier in order to have good relationship feng shui. Start by closing off any adjoining rooms, including a bathroom, office, patio or gym. If there’s no door, install curtains. If you have a sitting area, arrange the chairs toward each other, and downsize with a smaller bed — go from king to queen or queen to double. When the space gets bigger and bigger, people tend to live further and further apart emotionally.
7. Bring In New Opportunities (To Attract Money). Sometimes it doesn’t take money to make money — just a yard sale. Take out clutter to increase prosperity; what you don’t use, don’t love, don’t need. Space equals opportunity.
8. Choose Your Favorite Colors (To Attract Money). Make sure your home speaks to you, or the feng shui updates won’t work. The biggest feng shui money mistakes people make are choosing adjustments they don’t like. For example, red is considered a lucky color and you might hear that painting your door red will attract wealth. The bottom line is, if you don’t like red you will hate coming and going through it every day.
9. Remove Negative Symbolism (To Attract Love). To decrease stress and arguing in your home, check your surroundings. One couple that fought constantly had crisscross swords over their bed, and another couple had guns on their living room wall. Keep photos and artwork pleasing, inspiring and uplifting.
10. Focus On One Another (To Attract Love). When it comes to the master bedroom, it’s not about the view or TV. The bedroom is about passion and rejuvenation. To increase intimacy in your home, install heavy, cozy drapes over large windows, remove the TV and never sleep with a laptop, iPhone or other electronics buzzing near your bed. The bedroom should be low-tech and romantic. Avoid pictures and decor featuring anyone other than the people sleeping there — wedding pictures work, but family photos don’t.