Design Recipes: 10 clean design tips for staying healthy at home
For so many, the desire is for home to feel like a haven, a place where you feel warm, cozy and safe.
Health is also top of mind, creating a clean and healthy environment. As you look for ways to beautify your environment, why not include ways to ensure clean design?
Here are some Design Recipes tips.
- Remove shoes upon entry into your home to prevent tracking outdoor pollutants indoors.
- Wash and/or launder your clothing as much as possible to help keep your environment clean and fresh.
- If possible, switch from carpet to hardwood, especially in key areas such as entryways. Carpeting traps odors and dust mites.
- Consider making your own cleaners. Lemon juice and water is a fantastic cleaner, as is baking soda and vinegar.
- In bathrooms, consider using a nylon shower curtain instead of vinyl. Nylon is not only a greener choice, but in many cases feels like fabric and is washable.
- In bathrooms, be sure to close the toilet seat. Microparticles are released into the air during the flushing process.
- For kitchen and bathroom surfaces, whenever possible select materials that are nonporous. Nonporous surfaces such as quartz and porcelain are the easiest to clean and maintain.
- Wash sponges or replace frequently because they carry a lot of germs. Place sponges in the dishwasher to clean, or replace them. This will help reduce the spread of those nasty germs.
- Deep clean. Deep cleaning on a regular and consistent basis will help maintain a healthy environment.
- Open the windows. There are so many benefits for allowing fresh, clean air to help ventilate your home from time to time.
Original Article Source Credits: https://www.telegraphherald.com
Article Written By CATHY HOBBS
Original Article Posted on : Mar 29, 2020
Link to Original Article: https://www.telegraphherald.com/coronavirus/article_cab2976a-851a-562b-ac83-0919bd964535.html