2021 Profile of Home Staging
National Association of REALTORS® Research Group
Home Staging: Buyers’ Agent Perspective:
- Forty-seven percent of buyers’ agents cited that home staging had an effect on most buyers’ view of the home.
- Eighty-two percent of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.
- Staging the living room was found to be very important for buyers (46 percent), followed by staging the master bedroom (43 percent), and staging the kitchen (35 percent).
- Among buyers’ agents, having photos (83 percent), videos (74 percent), and virtual tours (73 percent) available for their listings was more important since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Twenty-three percent of buyer’s agents said that staging a home increased the dollar value offered between one and five percent, compared to other similar homes on the market that are not staged.