THE CLOSET OF YOUR DREAMS
SEVERAL KEY FACTS YOU DON'T
WANT TO MISS WHEN DESIGNING
"THE CLOSET OF YOUR DREAMS"
Times are changing and families are busier than ever. We are a
buying society. Stuff gets accumulated no matter how hard we try to keep "extras" and "clutter" at bay. All of these lifestyle changes demand the need for additional storage solutions and/or closet space.
Perhaps, if you have exhausted these options, if nothing else, try an "improved design" of the existing closet space you have, often called: "storage solutions."
Think of your closet in percentages.
How much full hanging space or single hanging space do you require?
Folded garments? Do most of your clothing/pieces have the ability to be folded vs. hung?
Is your room or alternate area well versed in drawers or dressers?
- are drawers for jewelry, belts, undergarments, Or personals needed? Ifso, how many?
- Is an electrical outlet necessary?
- Will you be using this room to dress and prepare for your day?
- Is it properly lit so you can see what you need to find in a pinch?
- Use lots of mirrors
- Shoe or boot solutions: shelves. cubbies. hanging possibilities?
- Safe or locked area - Is this necessary?
- Consider a false drawer for important goods.
- Lastly "esthetics." Of course this room/space or area is 90% function,function, function, however, general appeal and/ or overall look cannot beunderestimated here.
- Use an inspirational paint colour and some "decor" like artwork and accessories or a chandelier. A bench for seating and/or ease when putting on
shoes is ideal. Consider options that will help you daily.
- Necessities: hamper, ironing board, hangers, or temperature control
TIP: fabric or linen spray to keep clothing and closet smelling pleasant